More dating site results

The results are finally in from the dating sites. If you don’t count the scammers (they are relentless), I got two genuine responses. That isn’t bad, really - considering the fact that most people will ignore you if you don’t fit their ideal profile.

The first response was from a 30 year-old “attached” woman that was just looking for friends. Wtf is that all about? Why would you be on a dating site “just looking for friends?” There are sites out there that specifically cater to people looking for friends.

The other response was from a very attractive 26 year old woman. She was kind enough, but told me in no uncertain terms that I was not her type and she wished me luck in my endeavors.

I also got the results back from the ratings sites. Let’s just say that I was in the bottom 20 percent. I could handle that, but are the cruel comments really necessary? It should bother me, but I’m used to it. I really wasn’t expecting anything more. I just wanted to be sure that I wasn’t being too hard on myself. The truth hurts, but it’s also an invaluable tool in establishing a realistic starting point.

The bottom line is that I got what I was after. The results are in and it’s not great. The positive thing is that there is only one way to go once you’ve hit rock-bottom, and that’s up.

I don’t anticipate any more responses – but you never know…