People watching

I thought that a good way to begin my self-improvement endeavor would be to watch supposedly “successful” people operate. Who knows, maybe I can pick up a thing or two. At the very least, I should be able to get an idea of the best way to present myself.

The dating site experiment has served its purpose. At least I know where I am starting from. I suppose I knew all along that I would be starting in the basement, but there’s nothing like actually seeing it in real life.

I do have a list of things that I know I need to improve on, but I want to try this social experiment first. It’s funny how much goes on around us, and we don’t even notice. Observing others in public is no big deal. It’s something that is happening all the time – except now I plan to pay more attention.

So, starting today, I’m going to get out there and really observe what seems to work. I’ll start out with just a walk in the park, a visit to the mall, or a walk down Main Street. Later, I want to check out a local nightclub with a friend of mine.