Diet and exercise :(

Diets suck (badly). I love to eat. There’s no denying that. It’s one of the few pleasures I have in life, yet it’s solely responsible for the way I look today. I feel torn between instant pleasure now (food), and greater pleasure down the road (dating, girlfriend).

Food makes me happy and I’m torturing myself with this diet. All this for an end result that may, or may not, come. Yes, it’s possible that, even after all this, I’ll still be as undesirable as I am now (albeit a lot lighter).

But as tempting as it is to fall off the wagon, it is even more tempting to take a chance on what might be a happier life down the road. Without losing this extra weight, I’ll end up doing the same thing years from now, and being just as lonely. It’s not really a matter of having a choice – either I want a better lifestyle, or I don’t. If I do, then I’d better be prepared to put in the time and effort it’s going to take to succeed.

It’s just mind over matter and nothing more. I have a food addiction that I need to kick, and it’s as simple as that.

The other variable that I’ve been toying with is exercise. If I increase my exercise frequency and intensity, then I should be able to eat more. So I’m left to choose between not eating, and exercise. I think I might try to up the intensity of my exercise program.

Besides, I need to get rid of the “soft” look I’ve got going, and I’m not sure that diet on it’s own will accomplish that.

I’ve been dieting and exercising (weights and cycling) for a few weeks now, but I haven’t seen a huge difference - however, I do feel stronger and lighter on my feet. Maybe that’s the start of something great.

It’s too early to tell, but I’ll hang in there because there is nothing for me if I go back to the way things were.