Laying the ground-work

Well, even though I haven’t been posting much in the last week or so, I have been busy laying more of the ground-work for the challenge. I think the hardest part was finding a starting point. Where do I improve – and what will give me the biggest bang for my buck?

Now, self-improvement can be a life-long journey. I would venture to say that I could spend the rest of my life in the quest for perfection. However, the reality is that I am limited by what God gave me, and by the amount of time available. In other words, I don’t want to turn this into an obsession. Besides, who among us is perfect anyway? It’s our faults and imperfections that make us unique human beings.

Now, having said all that, I really do have a lot of work to do in order to make myself presentable. Keep in mind here, I’m not out to compete with all the studs of the world in trying to land the best looking woman in town, because I know my limitations. I know that self-improvement will only go so far.

However, because I’m starting from nothing, there is a lot of room for improvement – a lot of easy, simple things that will go a long way.

Among these are:

• Dieting/Exercising

• Changing my wardrobe

• Getting a job

• Cosmetic (glasses, new haircut)

Did I mention a personality change? Well, that’s going to be the tough one.