Money isn't everything, but it helps


Getting a job has got to be one of the first things I do. Without money, I can’t make a move. I know I need to work on my appearance, but there is only so much I can do without the means to buy clothes and get new glasses or contacts, etc… Also, without money, it’s impossible for me to get out and socialize, or even ask anyone out.

Do I really need money? Is there any way that I might be able to pull this off without an income? Highly unlikely – I already have so many things working against me; I don’t have the luxury of not needing money.

Besides, I feel like I’m wasting my life and not progressing like others my own age. Some old school chums have gone on to become lawyers, accountants, and executives. I am ashamed of what I’ve done with my life so far, and it’s definitely not doing my self- esteem any favors.

Actually, I don’t know how I deteriorated to this point. Perhaps I’m suffering from depression and don’t realize it – or don’t want to acknowledge it.

But, it’s not like I have never had a job. In fact, I’ve got several years experience in computer systems. So I’m hoping that any potential employers will overlook the huge gap in my work history and hire me for my experience.

It’s funny how quickly society will condemn an unemployed person. I’m sure that my entire family thinks there is something really wrong with me. Also, I couldn’t imagine meeting a woman and asking her out, only to have her ditch me once she finds out I’m unemployed and live with my parents.

I need a job - badly.