The dough-boy look


Losing weight is about the only constructive thing I can do right now. Well, the only thing that won’t cost money. I’ve been down to the library and it’s amazing how many diet books are out there. I’m going to follow one from a book written by a nutritionist that caught my eye. It seems sensible in that it promotes good food, but still has a variety of things to eat. In other words, it doesn’t eliminate fun foods, but has a little less of them.

Basically, it promotes a combination of good food, less quantity, and exercise - all the things I don’t like. But hey - I never said this was going to be easy. Besides, it’s a necessity. There is no way I’m going to ease my way into the dating world looking like this. I’m going to shoot for 30 lbs and see how things go. My book suggests that a healthy weight loss would be around 2-4 lbs a week - sounds doable.

I won’t bore you with the details of the diet, but I’m hoping that between eating less and exercising, I’ll make a dent in this dough-boy look I’ve got going on here.

The exercise part is pretty basic stuff. Things like walking, biking, and light weights. I’ll have to start walking before I try anything else because this body needs an adjustment period. To say that I’m out of shape is an understatement.

And that brings me to my next point. Have you ever noticed that soft, flabby, out-of-shape guys never get women? It’s one of the most noticeable things I witnessed in my two day social experiment. While watching people and couples, I noticed that even overweight guys with a manlier, muscular look got good looking women. What’s the difference between them and me - masculinity maybe?

I can’t quite put my finger on it, but somehow I feel less masculine than most guys. Even though I’m not a small, weak person, I’m horribly out of shape from years in front of the computer. Let’s just say that there is a difference between a 220 lb guy with a bit of muscle and a rugged look, and a 220lb guy that is soft, pudgy, and kinda pear-shaped. Who do you think will have a better chance at attracting women?

That is my motivation. I don’t want to be the guy that women feel repulsed by. I know there is someone worthwhile under all this – it’s just going to take some work to bring it out.