Finally, some progress


The challenge is going slow. As I mentioned before, there is not much I can do to try and meet women (the nightclub episode is a prime example) until I take care of a few things. One is my weight, and the other is my finances. Fortunately, I have great news in both departments.

I have lost almost 10 lbs and at least one belt size. I feel pretty good because I’ve finally gotten to the point where I can physically feel a difference. And the reason that is so great is that I no longer have to rely on faith to fuel my determination. I am actually experiencing real-life results, and that is an awesome feeling. It’s given me a tremendous boost and I’m even more determined than ever to toughen up this soft, flabby exterior.

I’ve also started working part-time for an internet firm in Vancouver. I know what you’re thinking: I’m in Ontario. However, the job is all internet based. I am doing some programming work for them on a contract basis. It’s not full time, but it’s going to generate enough money until I can get a real job here. I’ve been blasting my resume to every company I can think of in the meantime.

Next on my hit list will be a visit to the optometrist to get rid of these awful “geek” glasses. Now, I don’t think wearing glasses is necessarily a bad thing, but they should at least be in style. I’ve been neglecting my looks for so long; it didn’t even occur to me how bad some things have gotten.

I’m thinking I will probably opt for contacts unless I see some glasses that really suit me. I’m sure they’ll do a double take over there when they see how out of date my glasses are.