Taking a few steps back


So, I spent the weekend thinking about the best way to approach my problem and the challenge. I brainstormed a whole whack of ideas and strategies, but as it turned out, I was too busy looking for the quick and easy solution, while the obvious starting point was staring me in the face. It was me – I needed to start working on my own self-improvement.

Most methods, strategies, tips, tricks, are superficial anyway. Maybe some of it works, I don’t know. But even so, having the best technique doesn’t mean a thing to someone that is unable to use it properly. The smoothest pickup lines in the world won’t do me a bit of good because I’m still me.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I realize that my problems run deeper than simply not being able to hook up with women. I think I need to address a much larger issue – one that centers on my own self-esteem, confidence and personality issues.

The truth is that dating is really only a very small part of a larger picture. The reality is that I seem to put off people in general. That would account for having only one good friend. This is, indeed, a sad realization to arrive at.

Ok, well if that’s what it’s going to take to get started, let’s just forget about women and dating for a moment and take a few steps back.