It's worse than I thought

While I’m waiting for the results to come back from the dating sites, I thought I would give a little more thought as to other preliminary work that needs to be done. I made a list of my obvious shortcomings and ways that I could improve things. Here they are in no particular order:

Problem 1-
My physical appearance is horrendous. I mean, I’m literally a train-wreck. I’m at least 50 lbs overweight, I’m badly out of shape, my glasses are circa 1990 (just as the large diameter lenses where being phased out), I’ve had the same haircut for 20 years, I have a perspiration/odor problem due to my weight, and I’m almost completely bald.

Problem 2-
I have low self-esteem and zero confidence.

Problem 3-
I have no communication skills whatsoever. I can’t handle even the simplest conversation, let alone perform well on a date. I can talk about computers and high-tech topics all day, but when it comes to everyday conversation, I’m lost. I’m only capable of boring people to death with one of my techy monologs. I always come off as being a know-it-all, even though I try not to be. I suppose I’m trying to make up for the fact that I’m a loser in every other area of my life. This generally turns people off.

Problem 4-
I have no social graces, I don’t know how to conduct myself properly in most social settings, I have no table manners (actually no manners period), and I lack the skills required to function on a date (i.e. knowledge of food, wine, proper restaurant etiquette). I’m also lacking in other social abilities such as dancing skills (I can’t, nor will I try to dance) etc…

Problem 5-
I’m flat broke, unemployed, and live with my mother.

Problem 6-
I have no friends. Well, maybe one, but no friends that would enable me to get out and meet new people. My one friend is in the same situation that I am.

Wow, there’s too much to talk about in one post so I’ll likely take one problem per day and talk about solutions in upcoming entries.