A real evaluation

Having a plan is a good thing. When I started this blog, I didn’t have one. Sure, I knew basically what I wanted to do, but no thought had really gone into how I would implement the challenge.

So, I spent the last few days thinking about things. I thought of different ways to “get out there” and make things happen. I also gave a lot of consideration to my abilities and how thick-skinned I need to be to accomplish a lot of it.

I figured that the first thing I would do is take inventory. I assume that I have nothing of any value as far as personality and looks, but I need to hear it from others. Who knows, maybe I’m being too hard on myself.

Why would I intentionally humiliate myself like that? Well, the truth hurts, but as painful as it may be, it’s necessary. I need to know exactly what I have to work with and where I’ll be starting from.

Asking family and friends for their opinion is one option, but I don’t think I’ll get the honesty I need here. No, what I really need is the stark truth from as many people as possible - the more, the better. That’s why I’ve started by posting my picture and profile on several dating sites that have a rating system. I also posted my pic on the “Hot or Not” website.

That was yesterday – I’ll give it a few more days before I look at the results. To add insult to injury, I also wrote to a few good-looking women on these dating sites. Nothing major, just a friendly “Hi – how are you? My name is Dan…”

I feel it’s important to include a photo because I need a full evaluation and that can only be achieved by providing as much information as possible.

I really dread the responses. I can tell you now that it’s going to be bad. Just how bad, we’ll have to wait and see.