Meeting women - a numbers game?

A good friend of mine once suggested that the problem was not with me, but with the women I approached. Well, that and my low attempt rate. He suggested using the “success through numbers” theory where I would literally try to start a conversation with every woman I saw. He reasoned that the law of averages would be on my side, if nothing else.

Well, all I can say is that, in my case, playing the odds didn’t make much difference – I just got rejected more often. Needless to say, my self-esteem couldn’t take that for very long.

Things haven’t changed much since then. I still get rejected by almost every woman I attempt to talk to. Some are polite about it, and some a little more abrupt, but in the end it amounts to the same thing – rejection.

I think my problems go a little deeper than that. Throwing myself at women I meet is not the answer. I think I need to concentrate on the quality of my attempts and not quantity.

While some guys do have success with sheer numbers, I’ll bet they have more going for them than I do.