Here I am - your overweight date

I am so nervous about my date that I can’t concentrate on anything. I might have only slept about 2 hours in total last night. The more I think about it, the more I feel like canceling. Not that I don’t want to meet her, it’s just that I’d feel so much better if she knew what I looked like. I have no idea what her expectations are going to be. I feel sick.

It’s down to the crunch now. I’m borrowing my Mom’s car and I’ll be leaving around 11am. So I’ve only got a few hours to put on the finishing touches. Actually, I’m pretty well committed because it’s too late to cancel now, and there is no way I’m going to stand her up – that would be low. I’d rather just suffer through whatever fate has in store for me.

The next time I write in this blog, I’ll be a changed man – one way or the other.